Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Project 6 Sytrus

For this project we had to create our own sounds. I used the Sytrus channel to make all 3 sounds. The first sound you hear is my defualt 1 sound (square wave with delay) overlaying my Defualt 3 sound (saw wave with delay). The first thing i did was put the sound into the piano role and chop it to Gospel Trance 3, this created an interesting rythym so i kept it. Then i added an FPC beat and used boobass for the bass beat. I also added a drum role using the defualt snare drum to build up to the FPC .As you get into the 9th measure, my Defualt 2 sound comes in (sign wave with delay) as a filler sound. I made it so the sound popped in at different times. And at the end i used an automation clip on the Defaly 1 sound to fade it out and end the loop. I think the hardest part of making this loop was creating a bass line to fit the "Gospel Trance 3" rythym because of the mixture of high and low notes playing opposite each other. So I decided to just stick with the lower notes to make a steady beat for the loop, it made things a lot less complicated and it sounded better than using high bass notes.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way the pitch bend synth was used for effect in the background, and I love the main idea of your piece. My only complaint is about the blend of all of the parts. The main theme tends to bury all of the other parts around it- including the drums. I would go back to the mixer and adjeuct all of the levels of all of your parts to bring everything into balance. Don't forget, you can use panning too- remember- from lesson 1?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite of yours, by far. (: I really like the square wave and the saw wave, nice work with them! It almost sounds like someone is whistling in varies places throught the song, I like it. Also, I think you should turn up the volume on the drums a little bit, but not to much so it over powers the square, saw, and sine waves. They way you used the snare drum to introduce the drm loop was very creative and it sounds awesome. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete