Thursday, May 21, 2009

Automation Clip

For this project we had to design a loop using an automation clip to change volume of a sound. The first thing i did was chose a sound from sytrus, (marimba with no effects) and chopped it until i found the beat i was looking for. I then chose another sound from sytrus (chromatic-syncotronic), chopped and modified it to over lay the marimba beat. I used delay and reverb on my chromatic-syncotronic sound. Then I added a bass line using the boobass and a FPC drum beat to accompany the marimba loop. I used an automation clip on the marimba to change the volmue (to make it louder mostly) and used the X and Y contollers for the chromatic-syncotronic sound. I linked the X controller with the Cutoff Envolope and the Y controller with the Cutoff Frequency. I liked the way the sound changed as I moved the controller around so I recorded and applyed it. I used "stair waves" to change the volume on the chromatic-syncotronic sound also.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job with this one. To me, it sounds like something you might hear in a video game, because of the song's atmosphere. When I listen, I feel a sense of curiosity or exploration. Overall, your song seems very focused and doesn't stray from its mood by using unnecessary sounds. I really enjoyed listening. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the opening sound, it's great. I also really like the way you automated the volume, and when I listen, I almost get a suspenseful feeling - if that makes any sense, haha :) One thing though, in some places the rhythm seems a little confusing, like some of the notes or sounds don't come in at the right time. But other than that, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done. I like the groove, and the marimba sound is perfect. The automation with the XY controller brings a depth to the sytrus sound. Good form, and good use of tools.

    ReplyDelete